Friday, July 10, 2009

Making Great Contacts in Kansas City, MO

So I'm officially up and running and this past weekend was incredibly successful.

I went up to Kansas City, MO to meet Shanise and her family and have a few meetings. This was actually the first time that I've met Shanise and she and her family were just as nice as I knew they would be. In fact her daughter was kind enough to let me stay with her over the weekend so I wouldn't have to spend extra on a hotel. Now if that isn't kindness and generosity then I don't know what is.

Friday turned out to be a hectic day as I missed my 6:10 flight out of Charlotte...I never was a morning person. So I ensed up spending most of the day in the airport. But I was still able to make a few calls and I got some reading in so overall it wasn't too horrible. I was supposed to be in KC by 9am but it was almost 5 before I finally arrived. That really turned out to be ok, though, because the meetings we'd hoped to have on Friday didn't come into fruition so we spent the evening running errands and meeting people before meeting her husband, Mike, for dinner at P.F. Cheng.

Saturday was pretty amazing because we started the day with an outline of what we'd hoped to accomplish but still left things open for flexibility. Good thing, too because just as soon as Shanise picked me up we received a call from Clay Johnson who wanted to meet with us regarding an upcoming fundraising weekend he is hosting for his non-profit organization. We had spoken with Clay earlier in the week to pitch the idea of having him commission Shanise to create several pieces specifically for the event and he was definitely interested so we were able to arrange to meet with him and his wife to show him Shanise's latest piece which was a portrait of Anthony Hamilton.

The meeting went better than we could have imagined and we've been in talks throughout the past week hammering out the details.

Later in the day we headed across town to the venue for that evening's Anthony Hamilton concert. We spent the afternoon hanging out with his road manager, KC Jackson. Great guy. He's getting an internet TV station going. You should check out his site.

After Anthony Hamilton finished rehersing, we presented him with his portrait he LOVED IT! See...



In fact, he loved it so much he brought it on stage during the concert. More...



After the concert, I spent a little more time with KC picking his brain and just hanging out as he wrapped things up and pulled the crew together. I have to say that KC and I really just kind of meshed so wait to hear more about him as we come up with creative ways to work together and build business for the both of us. So all of this takes us into another week. Next week I'm hoping to schedule Shanise for an interview or two.

And hopefully I'll be able to get a new client on board before for end of the summer. You know I'll be keeping you posted!

In the meantime, Don't forget to visit my official site www.vixuscommunications.com

No comments:

Post a Comment